A trying 90 minutes for anyone who commits to seeing this failed and unfortunate production.
Its greater ambitions don’t make it a better movie - just a longer and more pretentious one.
- Dec 29th 2016 | The 2016 Top 10
- Dec 27th 2016 | The 2016 Bottom 5+5
- Oct 9th 2016 | That Old, Familiar Tune
- Sep 25th 2016 | The 2016 Non-Oscar Season Top 10
- Feb 21st 2016 | Fearless Oscar Predictions, 2016 Edition
- Dec 30th 2015 | 2015 in Review: The Top 10
- Dec 27th 2015 | 2015 in Review: The Bottom 10
A historically based movie that teaches lessons for today as well as educating us about the birth of a nation.
This is “more of the same” but, at least in this case, that’s a good thing.
This is a bad film - at times it’s nigh unwatchable - but that doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things.
Witty, bright, and makes a great contrast/alternative to DC’s current line of serious live-action films.
What happens when a promising premise is betrayed by a dumbed-down, hackneyed screenplay.
This offbeat revenge-thriller offers suspense and mystery that are a cut above anything currently being churned out by the studios.