Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:15 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times 
Author Message
Second Unit Director

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 am
Posts: 242
Location: NJ
Post Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
Stumbled across this on Twitter by chance. It's a short article/interview about James Berardinelli that ran in the Burlington County Times, where his reviews are syndicated from time to time. Not terribly insightful, but I figured I'd share it here for the hell of it: http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/li ... mode=story

_________________
Founder, editor, webmaster, and writer: http://filmreviews12.com


Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6010
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
sunshineisles2 wrote:
Stumbled across this on Twitter by chance. It's a short article/interview about James Berardinelli that ran in the Burlington County Times, where his reviews are syndicated from time to time. Not terribly insightful, but I figured I'd share it here for the hell of it: http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/li ... mode=story


Whoa! He looks so much older! He's like Ichabod Crane!

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:47 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am
Posts: 471
Post Re: Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
That blue chair he writes in is just magnificent.


Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:47 pm
Profile
Gaffer

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:49 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
Doylestown, Pennsylvania's The Intelligencer also ran the story, and their version is not paywalled:
http://www.theintell.com/life-style/day ... 38c47.html


Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:01 pm
Profile
Gaffer

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:49 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
BTW, it is news to me that James' reviews are getting picked up by newspapers! After reading about all the frustrations he had back in the day trying to deal with print publishers, I had assumed that he had long since given up on them.

Are the reviews appearing in the print editions as well as online?


Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 am
Posts: 271
Post Re: Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
The sweater easily adds 10 years. :shock: :lol:

I'm glad to see JB in print media. I believed and still believe that smaller circulation print media in syndication is a decent market to be in.

_________________
______________________________
My milkshake bringeth all thee gentlefolk to mine yard. Verily, 'tis better than thine. I would instruct thee, but I must levy a fee.


Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:55 pm
Profile
Assistant Second Unit Director

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:34 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Chiddingfold, Surrey, UK
Post Re: Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
It's a great pic; James should steal it for Reelviews.

Who listens to James on Sohaib's Fictional Frontiers Podcast? His voice is not what I expected.


Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:16 am
Profile
Second Unit Director

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 pm
Posts: 263
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Post Re: Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
I had a chance to listen to the podcast, and James' voice sounds remarkably similar to that of actor Peter MacNicol (who I recalled most from the TV show Numb3rs, and is now on the latest CSI spinoff series CSI: Cyber).


Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:32 pm
Profile
Assistant Second Unit Director

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:34 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Chiddingfold, Surrey, UK
Post Re: Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
Poughkeepsie!


Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:04 pm
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 3163
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
Post Re: Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
Joel3K wrote:
BTW, it is news to me that James' reviews are getting picked up by newspapers! After reading about all the frustrations he had back in the day trying to deal with print publishers, I had assumed that he had long since given up on them.

Are the reviews appearing in the print editions as well as online?


Yes - they're in the Burlington County Times, The Bucks County Courier-Times, and The Intelligencer. Typically two per week (although lately, because of the limited number of releases, that's all I have been writing).


Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3821
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Brief piece about JB in the Burlington Co. Times
James Berardinelli wrote:
Joel3K wrote:
BTW, it is news to me that James' reviews are getting picked up by newspapers! After reading about all the frustrations he had back in the day trying to deal with print publishers, I had assumed that he had long since given up on them.

Are the reviews appearing in the print editions as well as online?


Yes - they're in the Burlington County Times, The Bucks County Courier-Times, and The Intelligencer. Typically two per week (although lately, because of the limited number of releases, that's all I have been writing).

And there are some reviews published in those papers that don't get published on this site? I recall you mentioning reviewing Haunted House 2 for the paper, what other films did you review for the paper that didn't end up on this site?


Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:45 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr