I enjoyed quite a bit 8-)

Attachments:
Daredevil.JPG
Daredevil.JPG [ 39.97 KiB | Viewed 413 times ]

Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:41 am
Profile WWW
Producer

Post Re: Daredevil Netflix TV
I'm 4 episodes in so far and I'm enjoying it. I like the underrated 2003 movie more, but I like the show good enough so far. As far as super hero tv shows go, it's better than Gotham and Agents of SHIELD, not as good Arrow and about on par with the Flash.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:57 am
Director

ilovemovies wrote:
I'm 4 episodes in so far and I'm enjoying it. I like the underrated 2003 movie more, but I like the show good enough so far. As far as super hero tv shows go, it's better than Gotham and Agents of SHIELD, not as good Arrow and about on par with the Flash.

Oh I think that it is better than Arrow season 3 thou ;)

I liked the movie more than most at the time, now the TV show it is 13 episodes origin story where the main protagonist and villain have a full arc character development. You will need to see the 13 episodes to really assess it. It was good that Netflix provided all episodes at once. I have a friend who saw all in one weekend lol. It took me a week for me ;)

Anyway, after you see all the episodes happy to talk in more detail if you wish :ugeek:

By the way, I also read a few DD comics when I was very young too :mrgreen:

Attachments:
3 DDs.JPG
3 DDs.JPG [ 59.6 KiB | Viewed 375 times ]

Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:42 am
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

I saw the first two episodes at a friend's place, and I gotta say I'm liking the show so far. The main reason I like it is that it clearly is focused in developing the characters that inhabit its world from the hero right down to the supporting players like Karen. I have to admit, I found my throat a bit lumpy when:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Jack Murdoch decided to pull a Butch Coolidge (see Pulp Fiction if you don't understand the reference) in the biggest fight of his career KNOWING and ACCEPTING that he would be killed for it, because he wanted a better life for his blinded son.

This show is making me care about its characters, and man, is it violent as hell. I can see why it couldn't be on a major network- another good Netflix original series.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:56 pm
Director

Finished it, and while I'm not wholly sold on it (the world isn't built well enough to engage me much in the first half), it's totally worth it just for Charlie Cox and especially Vincent D'Onofrio. One of the best villains ever (on par with Loki in the Marvel Universe, and even exceed him in some instances). What's most amazing is that while his character is really vile and evil, I still found his relationships with Vanessa and Wesley so unexpectedly touching (or at least clearly felt) that I almost got choked up a couple of times. I always have fascinatingly conflicting emotions whenever Fisk is onscreen. Great writing and performance there.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:45 pm
Director

peng wrote:
Finished it, and while I'm not wholly sold on it (the world isn't built well enough to engage me much in the first half), it's totally worth it just for Charlie Cox and especially Vincent D'Onofrio. One of the best villains ever (on par with Loki in the Marvel Universe, and even exceed him in some instances). What's most amazing is that while his character is really vile and evil, I still found his relationships with Vanessa and Wesley so unexpectedly touching (or at least clearly felt) that I almost got choked up a couple of times. I always have fascinatingly conflicting emotions whenever Fisk is onscreen. Great writing and performance there.

Fair assessment Peng . I am not fond of origin stories for movies but I think that for TV are OK. Fisk (D'Onofrio) is as well character developed as Daredevil (Charlie Cox) and as Loki (the villian in Thor) you can relate at some level.

Attachments:
Daredevil Fisk.JPG
Daredevil Fisk.JPG [ 25.56 KiB | Viewed 321 times ]

Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Director

“Daredevil” Renewed for Season Two

Attachments:
Daredevil Netflix season 2.JPG
Daredevil Netflix season 2.JPG [ 30.81 KiB | Viewed 303 times ]

Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:42 am
Profile WWW
Second Unit Director

annnnnnnnnnnd yet ANOTHER reason why I am regretting the absence of Netflix from my life!

Fri May 22, 2015 9:29 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

Vincent D'Onofrio deserves the Emmy for Best Actor. He's that good as Kingpin. He probably won't get it because of the usual genre stigma, but he deserves it.

Mon May 25, 2015 10:39 pm