Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:34 pm

This is the best 3D movie (Bachelor Party) lol 
Director

Post This is the best 3D movie (Bachelor Party) lol
I just re-watched Bachelor Party (1984) with Tom Hanks which last time I saw it was in the Cinema and still made me laugh quite few times. It really cracked me up a scene almost at the end where a guy still in love with the bride to be of Tom Hanks kidnappers her to a Cinema with a 3D marathon and the struggles of Tom Hanks fighting this guy is confused with what is happening in the movie lol, even one of the attending person says "This is the best 3D movie that I have ever seen" HaHa . I even later found out that the late Roger Ebert liked this film 8-)

Any other fans of Bachelor Party here?

Attachments:
Bachelor Party.jpg
Bachelor Party.jpg [ 23.03 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]

Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Second Unit Director

Post Re: This is the best 3D movie (Bachelor Party) lol
I am a fan of Bachelor Party, even though I admit that it's a guilty pleasure -- the story/plot is a complete throw-away, but the movie is raunchy and often quite funny. There is also a certain scene in the movie (I think you know which one) which as a young man I was quite fond of! ;)

Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:08 am
Director

StatGuy2000 wrote:
I am a fan of Bachelor Party, even though I admit that it's a guilty pleasure -- the story/plot is a complete throw-away, but the movie is raunchy and often quite funny. There is also a certain scene in the movie (I think you know which one) which as a young man I was quite fond of! ;)

Ebert found it also very amusing lol

Quote:
Most of the gags depend on varieties of public embarrassment and some of them are pretty funny, especially when the women decide to have their revenge by visiting a male go-go bar.

I saw this film as a young man and I talked that scene for days with my friends of the time HaHa

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:15 am
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

Although this movie clashes with my religious foundation and makes me feel guilty to watch it, I've seen it many times and think it is one of the funniest and most entertaining of movies. Definitely among my favorites.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:25 pm
Auteur

CasualDad wrote:
Although this movie clashes with my religious foundation and makes me feel guilty to watch it, I've seen it many times and think it is one of the funniest and most entertaining of movies. Definitely among my favorites.

How does it clash exactly? I know plenty of religious people that drink.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:03 pm
Cinematographer

Quote:
How does it clash exactly?

There is a lot of raunch celebrated in the movie. Not exactly a good indulgence for someone (myself in this case) that believes they should strive for pure thoughts. Also, while drinking is ok in many religions including mine, getting drunk is often considered sinful. But all of it sure was fun to watch! I've been drunk before and I've watched worse movies from this standpoint, but I view those as flaws in my character based upon my current beliefs. Not a commentary on what is proper for others, just on my self-expectations.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:39 pm