Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:41 am

George Miller to direct Man of Steel 2? 
Cinematographer

Post George Miller to direct Man of Steel 2?
That could be interesting.
http://www.outerplaces.com/science-fict ... of-steel-2

OK Carlos.....have at it....

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:17 pm
Producer

Post Re: George Miller to direct Man of Steel 2?
Does that mean that Zack Snyder is too busy with Justice League to focus on Man of Steel 2? Seems kind of odd that Snyder's not directing it.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 am
Director

Johnny Larue wrote:
That could be interesting.
http://www.outerplaces.com/science-fict ... of-steel-2

OK Carlos.....have at it....

Well, It seems just a rumour at this point but if Miller takes the assignment is because he thinks that he could do a good job with it. He definitely is a fan of DC comics :)

Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Director

This news confused me at first, because I thought the upcoming BvS film *was* Man of Steel 2, just with Batman and Wonder Woman featured. Then I realized that name probably only pertains to ones that feature no other heroes (or feature not as prominently).

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:52 pm
Producer

BvS is certainly Man of Steel 2, this rumor doesn't really make sense. Though maybe I could see it if this hypothetical film involves Superman's adventures in other galaxies or something, but to me that sounds like overkill.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:55 am
Director

peng wrote:
This news confused me at first, because I thought the upcoming BvS film *was* Man of Steel 2, just with Batman and Wonder Woman featured. Then I realized that name probably only pertains to ones that feature no other heroes (or feature not as prominently).

I understand the confusion and I think that you are now in the right track. Expanding a bit more BvS:DoJ which originally was MoS II but evolved to be more about introducing the new Batman (besides focusing on Superman) and the dawn of the Justice League (introducing in a lesser fashion Wonder Woman and a bit of Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg). Then Snyder goes to direct the next Justice League films. Affleck directs the Batman solo ones, James Wan directs Aquaman, Patty Jenkins directs Wonder Woman and maybe Miller directs the next real Man of Steel II where Superman will be the main (if not only) superhero attraction.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:03 am
Profile WWW
Director

unwindfilms wrote:
peng wrote:

I understand the confusion and I think that you are now in the right track. Expanding a bit more BvS:DoJ which originally was MoS II but evolved to be more about introducing the new Batman (besides focusing on Superman) and the dawn of the Justice League (introducing in a lesser fashion Wonder Woman and a bit of Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg). Then Snyder goes to direct the next Justice League films. Affleck directs the Batman solo ones, James Wan directs Aquaman, Patty Jenkins directs Wonder Woman and maybe Miller directs the next real Man of Steel II where Superman will be the main (if not only) superhero attraction.

All assuming audiences somehow never tire of superhero films of course. I'm completely over the Marvel entries at this point - they've all been reduced to $1 rentals (at best) for me. The DC stuff might offer something new, but I suspect they're more trying to CLONE Marvel's success, as opposed to offering genuine original experiences/characters. I do like Snyder's work, so will probably check out BvS. But if that turns out to effectively be Marvel characters in DC costumes, I'll be done with the entire superhero genre going forward.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:34 am
Producer

No, I think DC learned its lesson about cloning Marvel with Green Lantern. DC is supposed to be closer to space opera, closer to Star Wars. Man of Steel is the first DC movie that starts to embrace that.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:03 am