This accomplished, exceptional piece of cinema delivers summer-scale spectacle.
This is a vital, original, and emotionally potent chapter to one of the longest-running movie series out there.
- Jul 10th 2017 | Podcast - July 6, 2017 Fictional Frontiers
- Jun 20th 2017 | The Patreon Plot
- Jun 16th 2017 | Podcast - June 15 Fictional Frontiers
- Jun 11th 2017 | Support Your Not-so-Local Film Critic
- May 16th 2017 | Podcast Time!
- Feb 26th 2017 | Just Another Sunday Night
- Dec 29th 2016 | The 2016 Top 10
The film works primarily because of its big heart and ability to engage our emotions while not turning off our brains.
Although this "Homecoming" serves its purpose, it’s just a forgettable waystation on the MCU map, where all roads lead to "Infinity War".
An example of how even the most promising animated franchises can hit a wall if allowed to continue too long.
Despite having been feted at Cannes 2017, Coppola isn’t working at the level where she once toiled.
The movie contains some tremendous individual scenes but the whole isn’t better than the sum of its parts.
Works as a fantasy, an adventure, a dark comedy, a story of love between a girl and her pet, and a vicious satire.
Its combination of good pacing and a willingness to tell a story remind us of what summer movies once were.