The screenplay doesn’t rise to the level of the behind-the-camera craftmanship or the acting.
- Mar 7th 2018 | More Than a Century of Scares
- Mar 2nd 2018 | Creature Double Feature: An Appreciation
- Feb 26th 2018 | The 90th Academy Awards Ballot, Berardinelli Edition
- Jan 31st 2018 | Dead Again
- Jan 22nd 2018 | Stars, Thumbs, and Veggies
- Dec 31st 2017 | Rewinding 2017 - The 5 Most Overrated Films of the Year
- Dec 27th 2017 | Rewinding 2017 - The Top 10
A recognition that historical politics can be just as bizarre and absurd as the modern flavor.
"Gringo" is messy and at times incoherent, filled with pointless subplots and confounding “twists.”
The muddling of historical fiction with the Grand Guignol is an uneven mix that never fully gels.