On a purely visual level, "Valerian" is a top contender, but as a complete motion picture experience, it falls considerably short.
An ensemble of solid performances with some affecting moments is ultimately undone by a storyline that treads too-common ground for American indie films.
"The Midwife" has two things (and only two things) going for it: Catherine Frot and Catherine Deneuve.
- Feb 3rd 2013 | 2013 Oscars - The Locks
- Jan 26th 2013 | Anniversaries
- Dec 31st 2012 | Rewinding 2012 - The Top 10
- Dec 23rd 2012 | Episode VII
- Nov 24th 2012 | Rise of the Turkeys, 2012 Edition
- Oct 16th 2012 | 50 Years of Bondage, by the Numbers (Part 2)
- Oct 8th 2012 | 50 Years of Bondage, by the Numbers (Part 1)
This accomplished, exceptional piece of cinema delivers summer-scale spectacle.
This is a vital, original, and emotionally potent chapter to one of the longest-running movie series out there.
The film works primarily because of its big heart and ability to engage our emotions while not turning off our brains.
Although this "Homecoming" serves its purpose, it’s just a forgettable waystation on the MCU map, where all roads lead to "Infinity War".
An example of how even the most promising animated franchises can hit a wall if allowed to continue too long.
Despite having been feted at Cannes 2017, Coppola isn’t working at the level where she once toiled.