The movie hits all the milestones although it perhaps tries too hard to be uplifting and inspirational.
Not the best of its kind but aims to say something rather than merely satisfy by copious bloodletting.
- Dec 29th 2016 | The 2016 Top 10
- Dec 27th 2016 | The 2016 Bottom 5+5
- Oct 9th 2016 | That Old, Familiar Tune
- Sep 25th 2016 | The 2016 Non-Oscar Season Top 10
- Feb 21st 2016 | Fearless Oscar Predictions, 2016 Edition
- Dec 30th 2015 | 2015 in Review: The Top 10
- Dec 27th 2015 | 2015 in Review: The Bottom 10
A stunning work of artistry and emotional heft that's difficult to shake and impossible to forget.
Brilliantly scripted and powerfully acted and deserves to be seen by all who care about great performances and emotional impact.
"Why Him?" contains its share of effective humor but suffers from malaises that infect many modern comedies.
An old-fashioned inspirational tale about the undertrodden overcoming.
Don’t bother venturing out to see the movie; stay home and play the game instead.
An odd movie but its central questions and dilemmas are compelling and there’s enough here of substance for the impressions to linger.