Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Movies that don't exist that you wish did 
Post Movies that don't exist that you wish did
Posted after I saw this.

What movies do you wish were real?

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:49 am
Post Re: Movies that don't exist that you wish did
As a child I read a book repeatedly called "There's No escape" by Ian Serraillier
i always hoped it would become a film as it felt so cinematic
Rob

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:01 am
I stand by my fake movie, The Last Fourth.

It's a story about a short love affair between a stuffy business fella (Keanu Reeves) and a free-spirited beauty with only a few days to live. The catch?

The catch is that the free-spirited beauty is criminally insane, not at all free-spirited, and what others think of as her free-spiritedness is really just symptoms of various competing mental illnesses. Also "typhoid, a cold, syphilis, gonorrhea, measles, chicken pox, diarrhea, pneumonia, tuberculosis, wandering forefinger, horrendous breath, restless leg syndrome, and varicose veins." She's a goner but, with her apparent "free-spirit" will she teach Keanu some lessons on what it's really like to actually live? Maybe, just maybe! To live!

The whole treatment is available right here:

http://lifeinthreeactsisdead.blogspot.c ... ourth.html

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:02 am
If you guys remembered when I posted those photoshops in the Scott Pilgrim thread, you guys should know about Action Doctor

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:27 am
The Posters.

It's about a squadron of people on the Internet who, when called upon by their government, will assemble and use their forum posting abilities to right the wrongs of the world. Their ragtag personalities and wide variety of skills make for a swashbuckling adventure. Directed by Werner Herzog.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:31 am
Ken wrote:
The Posters.

It's about a squadron of people on the Internet who, when called upon by their government, will assemble and use their forum posting abilities to right the wrongs of the world. Their ragtag personalities and wide variety of skills make for a swashbuckling adventure. Directed by Werner Herzog.

This sounds great.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:38 pm
mailedbypostman wrote:
Ken wrote:
The Posters.

This sounds great.

I agree. Could you imagine a movie poster for The Posters? Sweetness...

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:21 pm
We watched Day For Night recently and I would have liked to have seen more of "Meet Pamela".

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:06 am
Single, Serious & Solitary Men. Starring Colin Firth, Michael Stuhlbarg and Michael Douglas.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:48 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Single, Serious & Solitary Men. Starring Colin Firth, Michael Stuhlbarg and Michael Douglas.

That's teriffic... you need to figure out how to incorporate "Repo" and "In The Company Of" into the story.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:45 pm
Critic

The 3, written by Donald Kaufman.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:09 pm
JamesKunz wrote:

It does exist as Thr3e....it's horrible.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:10 pm
Critic

Patrick wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:

Oh right! I didn't see that. In that case I want to see Werner Herzog's version of The Mosquito Coast. He was born to direct that film, but instead Peter Weir did and, while I love Witness and Masterbator and Commander, that was Herzog's movie.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:49 pm
A zombie movie that explains in detail how the outbreak started in the first place. Think about it: they're usually vague about the details or skip over this too fast or altogether.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:12 am
neco82 wrote:
A zombie movie that explains in detail how the outbreak started in the first place. Think about it: they're usually vague about the details or skip over this too fast or altogether.
It's going to be started by people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom.

It will be initially spread by people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:53 pm
neco82 wrote:

Your right. The ambiguity has lost all meaning what with 10,000 zombie movies coming out per cycle. Only 28 Days Later bothered with the heavy origins of zombie terror.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:23 pm
Poop: The Movie

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:36 pm
spencerworth34 wrote:
Poop: The Movie

well, there's monsturd.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:36 pm
JamesKunz wrote:
Patrick wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:

Oh right! I didn't see that. In that case I want to see Werner Herzog's version of The Mosquito Coast. He was born to direct that film, but instead Peter Weir did and, while I love Witness and Masterbator and Commander, that was Herzog's movie.

I see what you did there James. Don't think that's going to get by unnoticed, not with me around.

Anyway, Zeppelin: The Movie, about an anthropomorphic blimp which fights crime, because apparently we can't come up with movie ideas that don't involve some sort of crime fighting these days.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:09 am
You know what'd be nice? A remake of The Crow. A re-boot, if you would be so kind. That would be a grand thing, oh yes. And if Mark Wahlberg were in it? Very grand indeed.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... l?hpt=Sbin

It's currently in the "talks" stage but it's always a bit of fun to speculate.

The movie (apparently written by Nick Cave (!) with some help by the guy who directed The League of Extraordinarily Bad Movie) isn't necessarily a certain failure -- The Crow universe appears to have enough material for 10 movies. They've already made 4 and that leaves a few more new takes. With Mark Wahlberg.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:41 am