"Raya" offers a screenplay and story geared primarily toward younger audiences and lacks the magic necessary to command long-term adulation.
"Coming 2 America" will disappoint only those who believed Murphy could do something amazing or hilarious with this dubious property.
At times unpolished but offers a sympathetic portrayal of the title character and avoids excessive melodrama or a too-facile ending.
- Jan 16th 2021 | Rewinding 2020: The Year in Movies (The Top 10)
- Feb 2nd 2020 | Berardinelli's Ballot: The 2020 Oscars
- Dec 31st 2019 | Rewinding 2019: The Year in Review
- Dec 26th 2019 | A Look Back at the 2010s
- Jul 31st 2019 | The 2019 Halftime Top 10
- May 1st 2019 | ReelThoughts Daily Free Preview Information
- Feb 17th 2019 | Berardinelli's Ballot: The 2019 Oscars
History buffs, especially those with an affinity for World War II stories and/or an interest in 20th century Czechoslovakia, may enjoy what "The Affair" has to offer
The film’s inability to effectively meld its disconnected stories makes it feel like "Crisis" is two stand-alone movies that were shortened and crammed together.
A mashup of a variety of common movie material, it does a lot of things adequately but lacks the time and scope to do any of them truly well.
An excellent movie but not a lot of fun to watch, especially for those with first-hand experience in this area.
Both a tribute to the triumph of the human spirit and an examination of the difficulties of setting aside modern conveniences for primitive survival.
The characters are likeable, the romantic comedy elements are assembled effectively, and "The Groundhog Day" aspect provides flavor.
Captures the state of civil rights during the late 1960s and provides color and shading to a character whom history associates with Black Hatred.