By limiting the film’s time frame, we get a distinct snapshot of the main character and the setting that resulted in his becoming historically important.
Rewards lazy, inattentive viewing...another example of why chilling, thoughtful horror is an endangered species.
The most compelling reason to see "The Foreigner" is Chan, whose step into new territory reveals things we haven’t previously seen from him.
- Oct 6th 2017 | Podcasts - September 6, 2017 & October 5, 2017
- Oct 2nd 2017 | The Exhibitors' Last Gasp
- Aug 6th 2017 | Podcasts - July 27, 2017 & August 3, 2017 Fictional Frontiers
- Jul 10th 2017 | Podcast - July 6, 2017 Fictional Frontiers
- Jun 20th 2017 | The Patreon Plot
- Jun 16th 2017 | Podcast - June 15 Fictional Frontiers
- Jun 11th 2017 | Support Your Not-so-Local Film Critic
Functions more as a diversion than a fully satisfying motion picture, although, for something streaming on Netflix, a “diversion” is usually good enough.
A fun film that breezes by and, despite any liberties it takes with history, offers a valuable look at Wonder Woman’s real origin story.
Despite the "Deliverance" vibe that permeates the production, "Blood Money" delivers a bit more.
The adventure/survival aspectsare presented with workmanlike efficiency but the secondary story elements are at times cringe-worthy.
One of the most honest films about young childhood to reach theaters in several years.
As far as it goes, the first film is an enjoyable space opera but, as a stand-alone, it doesn’t work.