"Star Trek Beyond" is a Star Trek movie, although not an especially good one.
It’s a shame to see a clever premise developed in such an underwhelming fashion.
- Feb 21st 2016 | Fearless Oscar Predictions, 2016 Edition
- Dec 30th 2015 | 2015 in Review: The Top 10
- Dec 27th 2015 | 2015 in Review: The Bottom 10
- Aug 30th 2015 | Revisiting the STAR WARS Saga
- Jul 6th 2015 | The 2015 Halftime Top 10
- Apr 29th 2015 | The Future of the Superhero Movie
- Apr 26th 2015 | Touring the New Site
As funny as the material sometimes is, the flimsy narrative encounters difficulties trying to sustain a 90 minute motion picture.
A mediocre horror/comedy that deserves neither high praise nor disparagement.
Made for those who prize acting, slow-burn suspense, and narrative over the usual loud, empty summertime fare.
An entertaining but inconsequential animated movie with a strong "Toy Story" influence.
Exemplifies what passes for “raunchy comedy” these days: plenty of vulgarity and profanity without many accompanying laughs.
Unlike so many of the bloated, disappointing entries into the 2016 big budget sweepstakes, this is good escapist entertainment.
Unlikely to excite the imagination (or the box office) in the way many of Spielberg’s classics have.