Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:09 pm

BoJack Horseman Season 2 
Auteur

Post BoJack Horseman Season 2
So season 2 came out on friday, anyone watch it yet? I thought it was pretty good, had some well-done dramatic moments and comedy, though I have to say there were no real gut-punch moments like season 1 had with the episode "Downer Ending".

Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:24 am
Director

Post Re: BoJack Horseman Season 2
Vexer wrote:
So season 2 came out on friday, anyone watch it yet? I thought it was pretty good, had some well-done dramatic moments and comedy, though I have to say there were no real gut-punch moments like season 1 had with the episode "Downer Ending".

I watched the 1st episode of Season 1 and thought it was pretty ho-hum and never bothered with the rest. Not really my type of humour - personally prefer stuff like Morel Orel.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:01 am
Auteur

nitrium wrote:
Vexer wrote:

I watched the 1st episode of Season 1 and thought it was pretty ho-hum and never bothered with the rest. Not really my type of humour - personally prefer stuff like Morel Orel.

You should definitely keep watching the series, the first episode isn't really a good representation of what the show is, it gets considerably darker and has more dramatic moments and less comedy as the show goes on.

I personally never liked Morel Orel, I didn't find it the least bit funny.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:45 am
Director

Vexer wrote:

I'm sort of surprised to hear that. There is surely no show more scathing of religion (Christianity) than Morel Orel(?). I might give BoJack another chance at some stage. I always try and commit/follow to at least one cartoon (typically Japanese anime) at any given time (I'm watching Kill La Kill at the moment, which isn't all that good so far...).

Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:56 am
Auteur

nitrium wrote:
Vexer wrote:

I'm sort of surprised to hear that. There is surely no show more scathing of religion (Christianity) than Morel Orel(?). I might give BoJack another chance at some stage. I always try and commit/follow to at least one cartoon (typically Japanese anime) at any given time (I'm watching Kill La Kill at the moment, which isn't all that good so far...).

For me making fun of religion doesn't instantly make a show good, "Popetown" also tried that and failed.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Director

So I've started watching BoJack (starting again at episode 1, which I had already seen), and I must admit it's growing on me. Some nice gags around the animal characters reverting to their natural state on occasion (e.g. when BoJack throws Princess Carolyn out of his car and she lands on all four feet, Mr. Peanutbutter barking when he has a bucket on his head etc). The show reminds me a bit of Eastside and Down in some respects (a washed up has-been that's convinced he's still important). I'll complete Season 1 for sure.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:38 pm
Auteur

Glad you're enjoying it so far.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:03 pm