May be Fincher’s most technically challenging production to-date but his laser-focus on perfection results in a tepid emotional temperature.
May skirt the truth when it comes to history but it uncovers a pure vein when exploring Mary’s inner life.
Represents a showcase for Aubrey Plaza, allowing viewers to see the breadth of her talent.
- Feb 2nd 2020 | Berardinelli's Ballot: The 2020 Oscars
- Dec 31st 2019 | Rewinding 2019: The Year in Review
- Dec 26th 2019 | A Look Back at the 2010s
- Jul 31st 2019 | The 2019 Halftime Top 10
- May 1st 2019 | ReelThoughts Daily Free Preview Information
- Feb 17th 2019 | Berardinelli's Ballot: The 2019 Oscars
- Dec 29th 2018 | Rewinding 2018 (Part Four): The Top 10
Kids will enjoy it and parents will be sufficiently diverted that they won’t be tempted to take a nap.
An affecting story of a man’s conflicted relationship with family members who have bigger-than-life personalities.
Something of an old-fashioned courtroom melodrama, complete with impassioned speeches, a sneering prosecutor, an antagonistic judge, and a last-minute gotcha!
Although "Belushi" doesn't provie new or groundbreaking information, it gets closer to bringing to life the late comedian, with all his demons, than any previous attempt.
This is either a tragedy or horror movie, depending on your point of view. Maybe, in truth, it’s both.
Although the movie leaves a lot of stones unturned (both in the comedy and horror arenas), there’s enough spattered blood to satisfy fans.
There are indications the filmmakers think they’re operating in the realm of satire but the movie gets lost in action/thriller territory that’s anything but thrilling.